Install File Manager Plugin from wordpress.org plugin repository. File Manager is a dependency for using File Manager Permission System. After install ing File Manager Plugin get your copy of File Manager Permission System from your account at Giribaz. Now install File manager Permission System Plugin.
- Use file manager on frontend of your site.
- You can use shortcode, widget area or template function to add file manager on the frontend.
- You can set up a specific folder for your site users to use or set separate folders for each users.
- You can set permission for using file manager in user roles or specific users.
- You can ban users or user groups.
Setting up file manager on frontend
There are three distinct way to set up file manager on your website. Easiest and most popular way is to use shortcode. Just copy and paste this [“file_manager”](without quotes)shortcode any where on your post/page/custom post type to see the file manager on that page. If the shortcode isn’t what you want then you can try out the widget option. Go to Appearance >> Widgets from your wordpress admin dashboard. You will find file manager as a widget. Set up file manager on any one of your widget area. If you need to code File Manager in your theme you can also do that. file_manager_permission_system_frontend() you can copy paste this template function in your theme to include File Manager on your theme.
You can set up user permissions by user roles and also user level. Supports 8 types of file operations.
- Mkdir – Make Directory
- Mkfile – Make File
- Rename – Rename a file
- Duplicate – Duplicate file / folder
- Upload – Upload files / folders
- Rm – Remove / delete files
- Paste – Paste file / folder
- Ban – Ban the user role / user from using file manager
User level permission permission is more important then user role level permission. Suppose you banned a user and didn’t banned the user role. Then the specific user will be banned and wont be able to use the file manager. On the other hand the other users of the same user role can use file manager.